I confess to being the newest thirty something statistic to the Twilight phenomenon. I picked up Twilight in February after a girlfriend encouraged me to read it despite my doubts. Within the week i'd purchased the remaining three books and plowed through them all. I'm not going to wax poetic about their literary style. They are brain candy. . .
However it seems like fans are in swoons over the character of Edward Cullen. That gentlemanly vampire/stalker we can't get enough of. . .
When I was reading Twilight, I couldn't help but think of . . . . My husband..
That's right. He doesn't drink blood but there are several similarities.
1. He is very pale and can't go out in the sunlight. . .
2. When we started dating, he was certain I couldn't cross a parking lot without killing myself and would protectively hold my hand, or pull me away from oncoming traffic.
3. Despite all my ordinariness, he still seems to think there is something extraordinary about me. . .
4. He has a delightful "Knight in Shining Armor" complex, (well at least he did LOL)
5. While he may not have rescued me from attackers, he has taken care of many opponents in my lifetime, especially when I was particularly "fragile" (such as in the hospital)
6. While he may not have ever really thought about having children of his own (although, unlike Edward he knew it was possible) , he is a wonderful father (and his children do take after him a great deal)
7. While he did not break into my room to watch me sleep, he did work nights and he would stay with me as I went to sleep, then go to work. .
8. I want to be with him forever. . .